The POLICY & PROCEDURES for the Protection of Children and Youth was updated by the Christian Education Committee and Approved by the board on 11/18/19.
Some of the biggest changes include:
Training will be offered annually, but individuals are only required to attend training once every 3 years. Training will only be an hour long, instead of an all day event!
Completion of online DCFS Mandated Reporter Training. This is a new requirement that we have added in. https://mr.dcfstraining.org.
- If you have already completed a similar training you do not have to do this again. I need you to turn in your certificate or statement of completion to go into our records. If you have no idea where this is it may be easiest to just do the training instead of spending hours looking for past paperwork!
- This is a free training that consists of videos and multiple choice questions. It takes about 60 minutes to complete & can be done at home online. There are 13 multiple choice questions.
- This needs completed only 1 time, not every 3 years.
- We have added this so that we can hold training just 1 time a year, as opposed to every time we get a new volunteer or staff member.
- This also allows for the training to consist of more than just going over signs of abuse for the majority of the time.
- The videos goes over the various types of abuse/neglect and how to proceed. They also clearly shows the difference between abuse/neglect and you not agreeing with parenting decisions.
- The website has many resources available other than just the training video. There are many documents, report forms, and signs, if you need more clarification.
You can view our most recent Safe Kid's Training on Facebook. The required paperwork to be turn in with the training is on the links below.